The word Basset it comes from the French "bas" which means low and that is the main feature of this breed.
His small stature due, fundamentally, their short legs and elongated body. The head is prominent and it highlights a few wrinkled brows (due to the large amount of skin), long drooping ears, deep eyes that convey sadness and hanging lips. The skin is flaccid and causes many wrinkles around the body and is covered by a short hair, rough it can be of different colors of the Basset (White, black & Fawn) in any combination (Read more about the race…).
To make sure the information we provide on this website, We got in touch with the Spanish Club of the Basset Hound ask us facilitate the listing officer of breeders, and we responded that, recently the Club Spanish of the Basset Hound started a programme of promotion of the breeding responsible of the Basset Hound, which lays down a number of requirements to be able to disseminate breeders attached to the Club. In other clubs just for the simple fact of being partners, published the list of breeders, but they want to go a little further.
Therefore, for the moment it will take time until they have a list with breeders who meet the guidelines of the program of responsible breeding. This program is in the rules of the Club, We provide the information if anyone is interested in reading it, is extensive (Download PDF).
Where can informarnos…
Pacific Ocean, 92. 28860 Paracuellos de Jarama (Madrid)
Even so, then leave the list of Basset Hound breeders registered with the Spanish Club of the Basset Hound:
- Arimarmes (Tarragona).
- Antiga Tower (Valencia).
- Da Fraga Enmeigada (La Coruña).
- Three apples (Guadalajara).
- The House of the Watchtower (Basin).
- The Ribera de Órbigo (Madrid).
- The Vegarada (Asturias) La Carba, 89 B. Tel.: 647545998.
- Sataute (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria)
- Saitai Castle (Valencia).
- OJ Feitizo (La Coruña)
- Olea Bull's (Córdoba).
- Basset Hound Cocera (Zaragoza)
- The poultry of la Teja (Burgos).
- Irene Perales Gassuachs (Barcelona) - La Roca del Vallés, Mataró Km road. 13’ 800, Spain. / Tel.: 938 422 107