what is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file harmless It is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The utility of the cookie It is that the web is able to remember your visit when back to navigating this site. Although many people don't know what the cookies you are using from ago 20 years, When it appeared the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, or a Trojan, a worm, not spam, not spyware, or open windows pop up.
What information does a cookie?
The cookies they usually do not store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank details, Photographs, your identity card or personal information, etc. Data that are of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you you as a person if not your web browser. In fact, If you usually surf using Internet Explorer and try to browse the web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web is not realize that you the same person are because it is actually attaching to the browser, not a person.
What kind of cookies There are?
- Cookies techniques: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, When browsing an anonymous user and one registered, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: They collect information about the type of navigation that is doing, the sections most used, consulted products, time of use, language, etc.
- Cookies advertising: Show advertising depending on your navigation, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are the cookies own and third-party?
The own cookies they are generated by the page you are visiting and the third-party they are those generated by services or third party providers like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable the cookies?
So you will understand the extent to which you may have to disable the cookies are a few examples:
- You can't share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site may not adapt the content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You can not access the personal area of this website, as for example My account, or My profile or My orders.
- Online stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, They will have to be by phone or by visiting the physical store if you have one.
- It will not be possible to customise your geographical preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive the web.
- You can not write on the blog, You can not upload photos, post comments, rating or rate content. The web may not know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- Zoned advertising may not be displayed, to reduce the advertising revenue of the web.
- All the social networks used cookies, If you disable them you may not use any social network.
Can you remove the cookies?
Yes. Delete not only, also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To remove the cookies of a website you must go to the configuration of your browser and there you can search for those associated with the domain in question and proceed to their elimination.
Configuration of cookies for browsers more Monteiro
Below we indicate how to access one cookie determined from the browser Chrome. Note: these steps may vary depending on the version of the browser:
- Go to Settings or Preferences through the File menu or by clicking the personalization icon that appears at the top right.
- You will see various sections, Click the option Show advanced options.
- Go to Privacy, Content settings.
- Select All cookies and the data sites.
- Will be shown a list of all the cookies sorted by domain. To make it easier to find the cookies of a specific domain enter partially or completely the direction in the field Search for cookies.
- After carrying out this filter, one or more lines will appear on the screen with the cookies of the requested website. Now simply select it and press the X for disposal.
To access the configuration of cookies browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (they may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click in Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the configuration of cookies browser Firefox follow these steps (they may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Options or Preferences according to your operating system.
- Click in Privacy.
- In History choose Use custom to record configuration.
- You will now see the option Accept cookies, you can activate or deactivate it according to your preferences.
To access the configuration of cookies browser Safari for OSX follow these steps (they may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- In this place you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the lock type that you want to perform.
To access the configuration of cookies browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (they may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and security, you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the lock type that you want to perform.
To access the configuration of cookies browser for devices Android follow these steps (they may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Run the browser and press the key Menu, then Settings.
- Go to Security and privacy, you will see the option Accept cookies to select or clear the box.
To access the configuration of cookies browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (they may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Configuration
- Now you can enable or disable the checkbox Allow cookies.