The Ca de Bou or Majorcan Doge, It is a breed of dog native of Mallorca, Spain. The molosser is related to the Dogo Canario (Canary dog of prey).
According to historians of the race, in very ancient times, dogs often accompanied their masters in commercial and cultural exchanges, by sea between the different peoples of Mediterranean waters.
The role of the dogs, years. At that time, It was the defense against possible attacks of pirates and Buccaneers more than once suffered by merchants in the coastal ports.
Then, the dog that was used for such tasks of guard was the so-called Doge of the Iberian Peninsula.
In the 18th century, as one of the consequences of the Treaty of Utrecht, Minorca became a British colony. (Read all about the race…).
Where can informarnos…
Spanish Bou Ca Club
Road of Manacor, 387 Low
07198 Son Ferriol (Palma de Mallorca)
Phones: + 34 607 54 05 95
Email: [email protected]
List of breeders from Bou or Dogo Mallorquin Ca recommended and recognized by the Spanish Club of the Bou Ca:
- ALMALLUTX (Mallorca)
- BALEARICUS (Mallorca)
- WHITE C´AN (Mallorca)
- SA FONT (Mallorca) – José Antonio Martínez Villaespesa. Tel.: 630077810 / Email: [email protected]
- VISTALEGRE (Mallorca)
- POLLENTIA. Ramiro González Martín, Tel.: 687401169 / Email: [email protected]
Breeders outside Spain recommended and recognized by the Spanish Club of the Bou Ca:
- Up always Ca Bou (Belgium)
- Mars Garden (France)
- Maximillian Fox's Kennel & Hundpensionat (Sweden)
- R. J. Osanna (Poland)
- Sacred Garden (Russia)
- Toldi Kennel (Poland) – Agnieszka Franczak
- Von Zillion (Belgium) – Mario Bertels & Géry Siaens Tel.: 003216449354 – Email: [email protected]