With the many breeds of dog that exist in the world, it is important to be well informed on many points when buying a pedigree dog: Many specific characteristics of a dog breed are more important than a dog's appearance when making important considerations when buying or adopting a dog.. Among other things, the character must be taken into account, intended use, the size of the dog and the keeping conditions of the respective breed of dog.
In order to give you a good overview to find your dream dog and companion for life, we have listed all the important characteristics like character and aptitude, the typical diseases of the breed, the height, the weight, the pedigree, coat colors up to special requirements in clear keeping for each breed of dog.
You will ask yourself, What breed is that dog?
➡️ The question about the breed of a dog is for people with dogs as everyday as frequently. It is not surprising, because the breed of dog not only determines the size and structure of the coat, but also the behavior and character of the animal. Pedigree dogs are bred according to certain standards. Our extensive list of dogs of all sizes helps you recognize a breed of dog from photos.
▷ Search for all dog breeds.
Complete guide to dog breeds: FCI classification
Group 1: Sheepdogs and Cattle Dogs (except Swiss Cattle Dogs)
Group 2: Pinscher and Schnauzer - Molossian breeds - Swiss Mountain and Cattle
- Section 1: Pinscher and Schnauzer type
- Section 2: Molossoid
- Section 3: Swiss Mountain and Cattledogs
Group 3: Terriers
- Section 1: Large and medium sized Terriers
- Section 2: Small sized Terriers
- Section 3: Bull type Terriers
- Section 4: Toy Terriers
Group 4: Dachshunds
- Section 1: Dachshunds
Group 5: Spitz and primitive types
- Section 1: Nordic Sledge Dogs
- Section 2: Nordic Hunting Dogs
- Section 3: Nordic Watchdogs and Herders.
- Section 4: European Spitz
- Section 5: Asian Spitz and related breeds
- Section 6: Primitive type
- Section 7: Primitive type - Hunting Dogs
Group 6: Scent hounds, and related breeds
- Section 1: Scent hounds
- Section 2: Leash (scent) Hounds
- Section 3: Related breeds
Group 7: Pointing Dogs
- Section 1: Continental Pointing Dogs
- Section 2: British and Irish Pointers and Setters
Group 8: Retrievers - Flushing Dogs - Water Dogs
Group 9: Companion and Toy Dogs
- Section 1: Bichons and related breeds
- Section 2: Poodle
- Section 3: Small Belgian Dogs
- Section 4: Hairless Dogs
- Section 5: Tibetan breeds
- Section 6: Chihuahueno
- Section 7: English Toy Spaniels
- Section 8: Japan Chin and Pekingese
- Section 9: Continental Toy Spaniel and others
- Section 10: Kromfohrländer
- Section 11: Small Molossian type Dogs