Characteristics and habitat of Lori
The Loris (Loriini) They are a tribe of birds psittaciformes widely distributed by southeast Asia and Oceania. Are arboreal parrots from small and medium size characterized by their tongues in shape brush to feed on the nectar and pollen of flowers, but also they eat soft fruit, especially berries. The majority of the Loris have brightly colored plumage. Traditionally they considered a separate subfamily (Loriinae) the other subfamily Psittacidae (Psittacinae). The most recent genetic and morphological studies consider the group within the family Psittaculidae.
- 1 Characteristics and habitat of Lori
- 2 Loris classification
- 3 Loris species (Loriini)
- 3.1 1 Lori Vireo yellow-bibbed lory
- 3.2 2 Loris adornados host Trichoglossus
- 3.3 3 Lori Alinegro Eos cyanogenia
- 3.4 4 Lori Almizclero musk lorikeet
- 3.5 5 Lori arcoiris Trichoglossus moluccanus
- 3.6 6 Lori Arcoiris Deplanche T. haematodus deplanchii
- 3.7 7 Lori Arcoiris Massena T. haematodus massena
- 3.8 8 Lori Barbirrojo Charmosyna rubrigularis
- 3.9 9 Lori Bigotudo Oreopsittacus Arfak
- 3.10 10 Lori Cardenal Pseudeos cardinalis
- 3.11 11 Loris Carirrojo small Parvipsitta
- 3.12 12 Lori Sparked Chalcopsitta scintillata
- 3.13 13 Loris Coronipúrpura Parvipsitta porphyrocephala
- 3.14 14 Lori cuellirrojo Trichoglossus rubritorquis
- 3.15 15 Lori Damisela purple-naped lory
- 3.16 16 Lori de Biak Trichoglossus Rosenbergii
- 3.17 17 Lori the Buru Charmosyna toxopei
- 3.18 18 Lori de cocotero Trichoglossus haematodus
- 3.19 19 Lori Flores Leaf Lorikeet
- 3.20 20 Lori de Goldie Psitteuteles goldiei
- 3.21 21 Lori Josephine Josephine's Lorikeet
- 3.22 22 Lori de las Sangihe Those actor
- 3.23 23 Lori Tanimbar of Eos reticulata
- 3.24 24 Lori de Margarita Charmosyna margarethae
- 3.25 25 Lori de Meek Charmosyna meeki
- 3.26 26 Lori de Mindanao Trichoglossus johnstoniae
- 3.27 27 Lori from Pohnpei Pohnpei Lorikeet
- 3.28 28 Lori Rimatara Vini kuhlii
- 3.29 29 Lori de Samoa Wines australis
- 3.30 30 Lori de Seram Eos semilarvata
- 3.31 31 Lori de Stephen Vini stepheni
- 3.32 32 Lori Diadema Charmosyna diadem
- 3.33 33 Lori embridado Trichoglossus capistratus
- 3.34 34 Those scales and Lori Carcinoma
- 3.35 35 Lori Escuamiverde Trichoglossus chlorolepidotus
- 3.36 36 Lori Ribbed Charmosyna multistriata
- 3.37 37 Lori Flanquirrojo Charmosyna placentis
- 3.38 38 Lori Frentirrojo Charmosyna rubronotata
- 3.39 39 Lori Gárrulo Lorius garrulus
- 3.40 40 Lori colubris Charmosyna amabilis
- 3.41 41 Lori Humilde Trichoglossus euteles
- 3.42 42 Lori Iris Psitteuteles iris
- 3.43 43 Lori Lindo Charmosyna pulchella
- 3.44 44 Lori monjita Peruvian Wines
- 3.45 45 Lori Montano Chico orange-billed lorikeet
- 3.46 46 Lori Montano Grande Neopsittacus musschenbroekii
- 3.47 47 Lori Black Black Lory
- 3.48 48 Loris Nuquiblanco Lorius albidinucha
- 3.49 49 Lori Palmer, palm Charmosyna
- 3.50 50 Lori Pardo Brown Lory
- 3.51 51 Lori the e scarlata Trichoglossus forsteni
- 3.52 52 Lori pigmeo Charmosyna wilhelminae
- 3.53 53 Lori Rabilargo Charmosyna Papuan
- 3.54 54 Loris Rojo Those Bornea
- 3.55 55 Lori's lone solitary Phigys
- 3.56 56 Lori Gloomy dusky lory
- 3.57 57 Lori Tricolor Lorius lory
- 3.58 58 Lori Ultramar Vini ultramarine
- 3.59 59 Lori Ventrivinoso Lorius hypoinochrous
- 3.60 60 Lori Verdigualdo Trichoglossus flavoviridis
- 3.61 61 Lori Versicolor Psitteuteles versicolor
traditionally Loris They were classified considering both a subfamily, Loriinae, as his own family, Loriidae, since none of the traditional classifications was confirmed by genetic studies, but now they classified as a tribe within the subfamily Loriinae, belonging to the family Psittaculidae. These studies show that the loris form a closely related group with Budgerigar and loritos gender Diophthalma and Psittaculirostris.
Two main groups are recognized within Loriini. The first consists of the genre Charmosyna and their close relatives Pacific gender Phigys and Vini. The other genres, except Oreopsittacus They are in the second group. The position of Oreopsittacus is uncertain, although one study indicates that it could form a third group with the other two.
Loris species (Loriini)
28 cm.. length and an approximate weight of 200 g..
The Yellow-bibbed Lory (Lorius chlorocercus) is the only member of the genus
Of 25 cm.. length and 100 to 120 gr. weight.
The general plumage of the Ornate Lory (Trichoglossus ornatus)
30 cm.. height and an approximate weight of 120 gr.
The Black-winged Lory (Eos cyanogenia) has a plumage predominantly red.
Adults have a
20 to 23 cm.. length and a weight between 52 and 56 g..
The general plumage of the Musk Lorikeet (Glossopsitta concinna) It
Description Rainbow Lorikeet:
Of 25-30 cm. length; 70-169 grams and a wingspan of 46 cm..
26 cm.. of length and a weight of 140 gr.
The Coconut Lorikeet (deplanchii) (T. haematodus deplanchii) is a variation of the
25 cm.. length.
The Coconut Lorikeet (massena) (Trichoglossus haematodus massena) is a variation of the nominal (Trichoglossus
17 to 20 cm.. length between 33 and 40 g. of weight.
The Red-chinned Lory (Charmosyna rubrigularis) has the head color
The hood of the Plum-faced Lorikeet (Oreopsittacus arfaki), from
31 cm.. height and weight of 175 to 215 gr.
The Cardinal Lory (Pseudeos cardinalis) has a characteristic form due
16 to 19 cm.. length and an approximate weight of 40 g.. The Little Lorikeet (Parvipsitta petty) is the smallest
Measured between 30 to 31 cm.. and a weight between 180 and 245 gr.
The adults of the species Yellow-streaked Lory (Chalcopsitta scintillata) have
The Purple-crowned Lorikeet (Parvipsitta porphyrocephala) has a length of 16 cm.. and a weight between 40 and 50 g..
The front part of
Description Red-collared Lorikeet:
26 cm. long and 103-140 grams.
The Red-collared Lorikee (Trichoglossus rubritorquis) they have the head violet / blue color
The Purple-naped Lory (Lorius domicella) has a length of 28 cm.. and an approximate weight of 235 g..
The forecrown, crown
26 cm.. length and a weight between 132 and 150 gr.
The Shawl-collared Lorikeet (Trichoglossus rosenbergii) is very similar
16 cm.. length.
The forecrown of the Blue-fronted Lorikeet (Charmosyna toxopei) is bright green, the front of the crown,
26 cm.. of length and weight 100-157 g.
The Coconut Lorikeet (Trichoglossus haematodus) are colourful birds that are almost all
Description Lori Flores:
25 cm. length and 100-150 g. of weight.
The Flores Lorikeet (Trichoglossus weberi) is generally Green; green
19 cm.. long and weighing between 45 and 60 g..
The Goldie's Lorikeet (Psitteuteles goldiei) has the top red. Its
The head of the Josephine's Lorikeet (Charmosyna josefinae) It
31 cm.. length and a weight between 150 and 185 gr.
The two main colors of the Red-and-blue Lory
Approximately 30 cm.. length and a weight between 140 and 170 gr.
Like all species of the genus Eos, the
20 cm.. length and a weight between 40 60 g..
The head of the Duchess Lorikeet (Charmosyna margarethae), is of
Of 16 cm.. length and a weight between 23 and 32 g..
The head of the Meek's Lorikeet (Charmosyna meeki) is color
20 cm.. length and a weight between 48 and 62 gr.
The plumage of the Mindanao Lorikeet (Trichoglossus johnstoniae) is usually
24 cm.. length and a weight between 70 and 85 gr.
The Pohnpei Lorikeet (Trichoglossus rubiginosus) is unmistakable.
The head and back,
18 cm.. long and an approximate weight of 55 g..
Males and females of the Kuhl's Lorikeet (Vini kuhlii) are
19 cm.. of length and a weight of 40 to 55 g..
The Blue-crowned Lorikeet (Vini australis) has a plumage in
Is the more small of the gender Eos, with only 24 cm.. length and an approximate weight of 170 gr.
19 cm.. length and a weight between 42 and 55 g..
The plumage of the Stephen's Lorikeet (Vini stepheni), in general is
18 to 19 cm.. length.
The females of the New Caledonian Lorikeet (Charmosyna diadema) are green in general, with the crown
Description Marigold Lorikeet:
26 cm.. length and a weight between 100-157 g..
The Marigold Lorikeet (Trichoglossus capistratus) has the forecrown, the cheeks and
27 cm.. height and an approximate weight of 110 gr.
Along with the Red Lory (Eos Bornea) the
23 cm.. length and a weight between 75 and 95 gr.
The plumage of the Scaly breasted Lorikeet (Trichoglossus chlorolepidotus) is usually green.
The part rear
They weigh around 40 to 50 g. and length of 18 cm..
The plumage of the Striated Lorikeet (Charmosyna multistriata) is predominantly
15 to 18 cms. length and 38 to 48 g. of weight.
The Red-flanked Lorikeet (Charmosyna placentis) has the forecrown and pate
17 cm.. length and a weight between 30 and 35 g..
The front of the crown of the Red-fronted Lorikeet (Charmosyna
30 cm.. length and a weight between 180 and 250 g..
The Chattering Lory (Lorius garrulus) has the head, the nape
18 cm.. length.
The head of the Red-throated Lorikeet (Charmosyna amabilis) is green with lores and chin red. Upperparts of
Its length is about 25 cm. and weigh between 80 and 85 gr.
The Olive headed Lorikeet (Trichoglossus euteles) show, in general,
20 cm.. length and a weight between 65 and 75 gr.
The Iris Lorikeet (Psitteuteles iris) It has three subspecies recognized including the
18 cm.. length and a weight between 24 and 34 g..
The head of the Fairy Lorikeet (Charmosyna pulchella) is color
The Blue Lorikeet (Vini peruviana) has an approximate length of 18 cm.. and a weight ranging between 31 and 34 g..
18 cm.. length and a weight between 28 and 40 g..
The head of the Orange-billed Lorikeet (Neopsittacus pullicauda) is of
23 cm.. length and a weight between 43 and 55 g..
The head of the Yellow-billed Lorikeet (Neopsittacus musschenbroekii) It
47 Black Lory
32 cm.. height and a weight between 230 and 260 gr.
The Black Lory (Chalcopsitta atra) is the least colorful member of
The White-naped Lory (Lorius albidinucha) has a length of 26 cm.. and a weight between 152 and 164 g..
The head of the Palm Lorikeet (Charmosyna palmarum) is bright green, showing
50 Brown Lory
31 cm.. length and a weight between 200 and 230 gr.
The bottom of the wings of the Brown Lory (Chalcopsitta duivenbodei)
25 to 30 centimeters length and 100-157 g. of weight.
The distinctive and colorful Scarlet-breasted Lorikeet (Trichoglossus forsteni) has the head blue
The Pygmy Lorikeet (Charmosyna wilhelminae) has an approximate length of 13 cm.. and a weight of 20 g..
The head is of
25 cm.. length and a weight between 90 and 115 g..
The head of the Papuan Lorikeet (Charmosyna papou) is red
54 Red Lory
31 cm.. length and an approximate weight of 170 gr.
The head and the neck of the Red Lory (Eos bornea) are
The Collared Lory (Phigys solitarius) has an approximate length of 20 cm.. and a weight ranging between 75 and 85 g..
56 Dusky Lory
23-28 cm.. height and a weight between 140 and 190 gr.
The plumage of the Dusky Lory (Pseudeos fuscata) It is hard to describe
The Black-capped Lory (Lorius lory) has an approximate length of 31 cm.. and a weight between 200 and 260 g..
The Ultramarine Lorikeet (Vini ultramarina) has a length of 18 cm.. and an approximate weight of 35 g..
Front navy blue
The Purple-bellied Lory (Lorius hypoinochrous) has an approximate length of 26 cm.. with a weight ranging between 200 and 240
20 cm.. length and a weight between 80 and 95 gr.
Very similar to the Scaly breasted Lorikeet by
19 cm.. length and a weight between 50 and 60 gr.
The Varied Lorikeet (Psitteuteles versicolor) has the forecrown and
The vast majority of these beautiful birds are not suitable for living in captivity. History and characteristics of the species.