- 1 Description Blue cheeked Parrot:
- 2 Blue cheeked Parrot habitat:
- 3 Reproduction Blue cheeked Parrot:
- 4 Food Blue cheeked Parrot:
- 5 Distribution Blue cheeked Parrot:
- 6 Conservation:
- 7 Blue cheeked Parrot in captivity:
- 8 Alternative names:
- 9 Scientific classification:
- 10 Blue cheeked Parrot images:
Description Blue cheeked Parrot:
The Blue cheeked Parrot (Amazona dufresniana) It is easily identifiable by the orange yellow wing patch, much more noticeable in flight.
Head with orangeade narrow stripe on the forehead; Yellow Crown, cheeks, base of the beak, sides of the neck to almost light blue Crown.
End of the wing dark, tail with yellow border, rest of green body.
Young birds with orange-yellow feathers on the front of the head and a violet color in the bottom of the cheeks.
The binomial name of this species is in honor to the French zoologist Louis Dufresne.
- Sound of the Blue cheeked Parrot.
Conservation status ⓘ
Near Threatened ⓘ (UICN)ⓘ
Video Blue cheeked Parrot
Parrots in the world
Species of the genus Amazona
Blue cheeked Parrot habitat:
It is found in humid forest, Gallery & sheets, up to 1700m.
It can also be seen sporadically in coastal areas, possibly in response to food availability.
Reproduction Blue cheeked Parrot:
They walk in pairs or small groups of no more of 4 to 8 individuals.
Reproduction and feeding, there is little information.
In nature, the breeding season occurs in March in Guyana. In captivity, the female lays 3 eggs that we do not exactly know the incubation period.
Food Blue cheeked Parrot:
We do not know the details of your menu, but it is assumed that they eat almost exclusively seeds, and berries.
Distribution Blue cheeked Parrot:
Venezuela East, coast of the Guyanas and Brazil East.
Is in the category of near threatened (NT), due to habitat loss and illegal trade.
Conservation in March CITES Appendix II actions. Banded from Canaima National Park (Venezuela), Iwokrama forest reserve (Guyana) and the Brownsberg nature park (Suriname).
Blue cheeked Parrot in captivity:
Rare in captivity.
Placid temperament, seems less active than many Amazon.
– Blue cheeked Parrot, Blue-checked Parrot, Blue-cheeked Amazon, Blue-cheeked Parrot, Dufresne’s Amazon, Dufresne’s Parrot (English).
– Amazone de Dufresne (French).
– Goldmaskenamazone, Granada Amazone (German).
– Papagaio-de-bochecha-azul (Portuguese).
– Amazona Cariazul, Amazona de Cara Azul, Loro cariazul (Spanish).
– Order: Psittaciformes
– Family: Psittacidae
– Scientific name: Amazona dufresniana
– Citation: (Shaw, 1812)
– Protonimo: Psittacus dufresnianus
Blue cheeked Parrot images:
– Book parrots, Parrots and macaws Neotropical
1 – papageien.org
2- by Matthieu Sontag[GFDL or CC BY-SA 4.0-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0], via Wikimedia Commons
3 – By Bjoertvedt (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 or GFDL], via Wikimedia Commons
4 – papageien.org
5 – by © Michel Clément – gepog.org
Sound: Olivier Claessens