18 cm.. height.
The Golden-winged Parakeet ((Brotogeris chrysoptera)) has a tail short and finished in tip, bill Of course, body almost all green.
Its main feature is having in the wing a patch orange or gold and the end blue (more visible on the fly). Crown bluish, forecrown and throat orange.
The eye ring is whitish and without feathers; the irises is of color Brown dark and the legs flesh-colored.
The immature is distinguished by not having the Golden wing patch.
- Sound of the Golden-winged Parakeet.
It inhabits in forest moist and savanna, most common to the 300 meters although it has reported to them 1200 m. ANDA in groups small of 8 a 16 individuals not reproductive time, It is common to observe more than 100 consuming fruits in the canopy. Noisy when flying and silent when they feed on.
Nest on trees, in hollows and termite mounds. Breeding season in November, February and April.
With feeds of the nectar of the flowers, fruit, figs, berries and seeds.
Size of the distribution (reproduction / resident): 3.110.000 km2
Its population is distributed between the East of Venezuela, Guyanas, Center and East of the Brazilian Amazon.
• Current red list category of the UICN: Least concern.
• Population trend: Decreasing.
Justification of the population
The size of the world population It has not been quantified, but this species is described as “common” (Stotz et to the., 1996).
Justification of trend
It is suspected that this species has lost 20,7-24,8% of habitat suitable within their distribution during three generations (15 years), on the basis of a model of Amazon deforestation (Soares-Filho et to the., 2006, Bird et to the., 2011). Therefore, It is suspected that will decrease in <25% durante tres generaciones.
Catita winged captive:
Rare in captivity. They are birds a bit nerve until you are acclimatized to its owner. They can be housed in an Aviary with other parrots.
– Golden-winged Parakeet, Golden winged Parakeet, Golden-winget parakeet, Tuipara Parakeet (English).
– Toui para (French).
– Braunkinnsittich (German).
– periquitinho, Periquito-de-asa-dourada, periquito-de-asas-douradas, tuipara-de-asa-dourada, tuipara-de-asa-laranjaperiquitinho, xperiquito-de-asas-douradas, tuipara-de-asa-dourada, tuipara-de-asa-laranja (Portuguese).
– Catita Alidorada, Periquito de Alas Amarillas (Spanish).
– Periquito Ala Dorada (Venezuela).
– Order: Psittaciformes
– Family: Psittacidae
– Genus: Brotogeris
– Scientific name: Brotogeris chrysoptera
– Citation: (Linnaeus, 1766)
– Protonimo: Psittacus chrysopterus
Golden-winged Parakeet (Brotogeris chrysoptera)
– Sounds: controles-canto.org