The Canary-winged Parakeet (Brotogeris versicolurus) measured between 24 and 25 height cm. Unique Parrot with patch yellow and white and tip blue on the wing , tail green, long and acute (noticeable in flight).
Of Green general coloration, with belly opaque, front and sides of the head grey.
It has no sexual dimorphism.
- Sound of the Blue cheeked Parrot.
It is found in variety of habitats, Rainforest, riparian, edges, stubble, open and urban areas, until 300 m (in Bolivia comes up to the 2700 m).
Abundant trees in cities and towns. They fly high, in pairs or small flocks to large.
The breeding season includes the months between January and July in South America. The female places of 4 to 5 white eggs. The incubation hard of 23 to 26 days. Usually, the male can stay in the nest at night, but the incubation is main task of females.
It nests in tree hollows and decaying fruit capsules.
In their natural habitat, the Canary-winged Parakeet, feeds mainly on worms, flowers, seeds and fruit.
Its population is discontinuous. All the banks of the Amazon River, from the East of Ecuador to the South of the French Guiana.
You can also see them out of these places due to its introduction by release of pet; places such as Lima, California, Florida and Puerto Rico.
It is not considered in any of the categories of threat, his trade has declined in recent decades.
Justification of the population:
The size of the world population Canary-winged Parakeet It has not been quantified, but this species is described as “common” (Stotz et to the. (1996).
The population suspected to be stable in the absence of evidence of any reduction or substantial threats.
Catita Versicolor in captivity:
Ago years was a bird very common in captivity, at the present time is less.
RECALLS: NEVER COMMAND A PARAKEET IN THE CITY OR IN THE FIELD
Aggressive with other bird species. However, It is possible to keep a group of birds of this species together in a large enough space. Easy of tame If it is manipulated from small. Communicates with their owners, making different sounds, for example, to greet us when we see, When you want food, etc.
They are not usually very noisy. Like to climb by what shall provide elements so you can make this activity. In hot season, supplied with a tray of water so that you can bathe.
– Canary-winged Parakeet, White-winged Parakeet, Yellow-winged Parakeet (English).
– Toui à ailes variées, Conure à ailes blanches, Perruche à ailes blanches, Perruche à ailes jaunes, Toui à ailes jaunes (French).
– Weissflügelsittich (German).
– Periquito-de-asa-branca, periquito-castanha, periquito-da-asa-amarela, periquito-da-campina, periquito-das-ilhas, periquito-de-asas-amarelas, periquito-estrela (Portuguese).
– Catita Chirirí, Catita de patas amarillas, Catita Versicolor, Periquito Aliamarillo, Periquito Aliblanco, Periquito de Alas Blancas, Periquito Versicolor (Spanish).
– Catita Chirirí, Catita de patas amarillas (Argentina).
– Periqquito aliblanco, Periquito Aliblanco (Colombia).
– Periquito Aliamarillo (Dominican Republic).
– Perico de Ala Amarilla (Peru).
– Order: Psittaciformes
– Family: Psittacidae
– Genus: Brotogeris
– Scientific name: Brotogeris versicolurus
– Citation: (Statius Müller, 1776)
– Protonimo: psittacus versicolurus
Canary-winged Parakeet (Brotogeris versicolurus)
– Sounds: (Xeno-canto)