21-23 cm.. height.
The plumage of the Deville's Parakeet (Pyrrhura lucianii) is generally Green, darker in underparts, the crown is dark brown, the forecrown and face is brownish red in colour; cheeks brick red, faded of blue, ear-coverts brownish yellow, neck and chest with the typical scales very visible by the black and yellow contrast of the feathers. The ventral coat of arms, reddish, is well defined; in flight the dark red spot is notorious for the abdomen. Well defined are the reddish marks on the rump and in his long tail; the flight feather they are blue.
It has periocular ring Of course, irises brown, bill Blackish and legs grey pink.
- Sound of the Deville's Parakeet.
Found in altitudes of 800 m, in forests Terra firm and várzea, including forest margins and close to clear with tall trees. In forests low humid semi, up close 100 m.
Seen in pairs, groups of three or flocks of up to 20 individuals.
Little is known about the reproductive cycle of this species, probably nesting in large trees, in cavities or in nest of woodpeckers abandoned, with one laying estimated in 5-7 eggs.
With feeds a wide variety of fruits, flowers, seeds and algae, possibly.
Size of the distribution (breeding/resident): 47,200 km2
Restricted to the State of Amazon in the Northwest Amazon of Brazil.
This species is supposed fairly common within its range, However, This can not be confirmed since this time rare remote region is visited by researchers.
• Red list category: Least concern
• Population trend: Decrease
The status of their populations is unknown, but for the good condition of the habitat, it can be assumed that they are in good state of conservation.
While the trend of the population seems to be decreasing, do not believe that the decline is fast enough for approaching the threshold of vulnerable under the criterion of population trend
Although he is a parrot rare in captivity, its potential as a domestic fowl is excellent, provided there are hand raised and socialized from an early age. The newly imported birds are usually shy and nervous and often they remain reserved.
It is usually inquisitive and active, enjoy flying and requires plenty of exercise and a spacious cage. Usually, It is not too noisy unless it is excited (as it is usually the case of all species Pyrrhura).
Once acclimatized, These parrots are quite robust. Enjoy with the bath by what are them must provide a dish of water little deep to daily. Also the love chew branches fresh.
- Deville's Parakeet, Bonaparte's Parakeet (inglés).
- Conure de Bonaparte, Conure de Luciani (francés).
- Bonapartesittich, Prinz Luzians Rotschwanzsittich (alemán).
- Tiriba-de-deville (portugués).
- Cotorra de Bonaparte, Ñángaro de Deville, Perico de Deville, Cotorrita barriguiroja (español).
- Perico de Bonaparte (Perú).
- Orden: Psittaciformes
- Familia: Psittacidae
- Genus: Pyrrhura
- Nombre científico: Pyrrhura lucianii
- Citation: (Deville, 1851)
- Protónimo: Conurus Lucianii
Deville's Parakeet (Pyrrhura lucianii)
(1) – Maracana luciani Dev. & Cast. Pyrrhura lucianii = (Deville, 1851) by Francis de Laporte de Castelnau [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons