In the year of 1882 set a standard for each of the five existing varieties of the Swiss Hound. In 1909 reviewed these standards confirming the total disappearance of the Thurgau Hound.
The 22 in January of 1933 established a uniform standard for the 4 varieties of the Swiss Hound. The original range of the Jura hound type St. Hubert has now disappeared.
The Jura Hound It is a domestic dog developed in the middle ages for hunting in the Jura mountains, on the border between Switzerland and France.
Already at the time of the Romans was known to these Hounds in Switzerland.
The Jura Hound He is known for his tracking abilities and like other hounds he has the ability to follow a perfume for miles through the rocky terrain of the border mountains between France and Switzerland.. It is mainly used for the hunting of the Hare.
There are four varieties of Swiss Hound:
- Bernese Hound
- Jura Hound
- Lucerne Hound
- Schwyz Hound
The majority of clubs and canine organizations treat these races as a single race with multiple varieties.
These dogs have a large skull, so their heads seem to be much larger than its small robust bodies. Their ears are flexible and hang down around their muzzle and eyes, giving it a warm and friendly appearance. Your body has some wrinkles around the chest and neck area. Their bodies are elongated and thin and long tail. They are usually a color dark bronze or a reddish Fawn.
Their life expectancy is of 12 - 13 years, and can weigh between 15 and 20 kg, with a height of 43 - 58 cm. up the cross.
Character and skills
These dogs can be known as little adventurers. They like to explore new and interesting terrain in which have never been before. Are, final ideal for anyone that loves to go on walks and exercise, Since in that environment be shown fully happy. As good Hound, anything, even if it is in its territory.
Used primarily for hunting wild boar and Hare.
They are very protectors and they lash out against anyone trying to do harm to their owners. They are very distant with strangers and need firm handling if kept as pets.
Well trained is a loving, friendly dog with children.
Images “Jura Hound”
Videos “Jura Hound”
Type and recognitions:
- CLASSIFICATION FCI: 59
- Group 6: Scent hounds, and related breeds.
- Section 1: Scent hounds – 1.2: Medium-sized Hounds. With working trial.
- – FCI – Group 6: Scent hounds, and related breeds. – Section 1.2: Medium-sized Hounds. ⓘ
- – UKC – Scenthounds ⓘ
FCI breed standard "Jura Hound (Bruno Jura Hound)"
|"Jura Hound (Bruno Jura Hound)" FCI|
Varieties of “Swiss hounds”
The four varieties of Swiss Hounds have their own specific hunting characteristics:
– The Bernese Hound, with her beautiful throat (“the howler of the Jura”), demanding, mainly used for hares;
– The “Jura Hound“, an excellent recuperator
– The “Lucerne Hound”, reminiscent of Small Blue Gascony, he is an active and passionate dog that hunts deer very well;
– The “Schwyz Hound”, less widespread outside of Switzerland, is reserved for rabbits and hares.
1. Bruno Jura Hound (English).
2. Bruno du Jura (French).
3. (frz. Bruno du Jura) (German).
4. Sabujo Bruno de Jura (Portuguese).
5. Fernando del Jura, Bruno del Jura (Spanish).